Firstly, I want to thank Loni for the nomination – you surprised me there, and although this is belated, again I want to say “Muchas Gracias!!”
For those of you unfamiliar with Loni’s work (and blog), she can be found at http://loniduekart.wordpress.com/ – before reading any further please go see – you will NOT be disappointed.
So, after several weeks I’ve finally got round to posting this – busy, busy etc. So, where next?
Ah, 7 random things about myself…Hmmm…
1) I love reading on the balcony during a storm, however lightning striking the garden opposite is pretty damn hairy. The cognac WAS for medicinal purposes.
2) I love the sun but don’t like lying in it – is there a happy medium?
3) I like poetry, but don’t understand it.
4) I want to grow chlili plants, but southern Switzerland is not the ideal climate.
5) I want to ride the Pan-American Highway on a BMW GS1200, which would probably mean I’d get lost in the Mendoza region drinking Malbec for ooohhh, several years I guess.
6) I want to write something in Italian – my second language, but can’t…just can’t get it to flow.
7) I live surrounded by mountains, yet my heart lies with the ocean.
Voila! Now I’d like to introduce you to 15, yes 15, blogs which I follow. In no particular order and for a variety of reasons, I present:
1) Morgen Bailey – a veritable mine of information, and a couple of my Flash pieces to boot. Always helpful, I am in your debt. Thanks Morgen.
2) Jason Alan – writer, poet, cow photographer 🙂
3) Patrick O’ Brien – you have balls the size of watermelons for your decision. (People, don’t take my word for it, READ this blog). Sir, take a bow.
4) Sharmishtha – for the input your blogs give me (yes, Trisha has more than 1).
5) Cara Olsen – Your words of encouragement are priceless. Thank you. I now know what Dutch-doors are 🙂 (Cara also has several blogs, all merit a click). You are to vocabulary what Emerson, Lake & Palmer are to music. I, for good or bad, am The Ramones.
6) Stella Marr – For showing the realities of a different life and having the guts to do so. It’s not so much a lovely blog as a damned hard hitting one. No roses grow from this bed but I want to nominate it, simple as.
7) Ruth Jacobs – whilst we’re on the subject; a fascinating insight. Again, not lovely in the flowery sense of the word but the truth, no matter how hard and ugly, will always win through.
8) Cristian Mihai – never dull, always informative.
9) Cheryl Moore – I admit trouble keeping up, but I do try.
10) Max – Dangerous blog, I REALLY should be writing… 🙂
11) Returning to India, Tanushree I must mention.
12) Jennifer Ritchie – Finally a blog from Switzerland and an interesting and helpful one at that. Must fire a few blog-related questions at you…
13) Lesley Carter – You make me wanna just get up and go.
14) Chicago Addick – Can’t let the opportunity slip to get my football team in somewhere.
15) Jane Wenham-Jones – A star from my part of the world. Don’t just look, buy! And no, the wine glass hasn’t been surgically attached…